“Cricket Is Our Religion And Sachin Is Our God”
30 years ago one man started playing cricket and made international 15 November 1989 against Pakistan in Karachi at the age of just 16. On that day no one knows and have a clue about that he would become the face of cricket and termed as ‘God of Cricket’. He scored just 15 runs in that inning but later set of milestones, that cricket world never imagined and ever thought of. As time passes he started making runs and centuries like drinking water. Sachin is a placard every cricket lover worth his salt, one could instinctively remember when I take the name Sachin Tendulkar. Cricket has seen many records, milestones come and go, but very few would argue that anyone came close to Sachin Tendulkar. The whole of India prayed for him every time he took his stance at the crease.
“All those who have had the privilege of seeing him bat can proudly say: “I lived when Sachin played.” – #30YearsofSachinism
Here are some of his epic milestones cricket world will cherish forever and ever:
His International debut is record it self:
1. 1989: Made Test debut for India against Pakistan in Karachi at the age of 16.
2. Highest number of 50+ scores in ODI’s – 145 (49 Centuries and 96 Fifties)
3. First player to have scored over 100 innings of 50+ runs
4. Only Player with Most Man of the Match awards – 6 Most Man of the Series awards 15
5. Most ODI runs in a calendar year: 1,894 ODI runs in 1998 and most Centuries in a calendar year which is 9 ODI centuries in the same year.
6. Between April 1990 and April 1998 Tendulkar played 185 consecutive matches a World record in the cricket history
7. Tendulkar has played on 96 different grounds so far most by any current player and no other player is close this feat
8. Only player ever to cross the 14,000-15,000-16,000-17,000 and 18,000 run marks
9. First player to reach 10,000-11,000-12,000-13,000-14,000-15,000-16,000-17,000 and 18,000 ODI runs
10. 15,310 of his runs came while opening the innings with the aid of 45 centuries and 75 fifties in 340 innings- most by an opener
11. Sachin was the first batsman to score a double century in ODIs . Sachin maiden 200* against South Africa at Gwalior on Feb 24, 2010
12. Tendulkar top-scored for India on 129 occasions – most such occasions for any player in ODIs
13. Holds the record for scoring 1,000 ODI runs in a calendar year on most occasions. He did so seven times – 1994, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2000, 2003 and 2007
14. Tendulkar has scored over 1,000 ODI runs against all major Cricketing nations.
15. Sachin played ODIs with 866 players (teammates and opponents) which is the most for any player in One Day Internationals
16. Sachin was the first batsman to score over 3,000 runs against an opponent (3,077 runs against Australia). Since then he has also done this against Sri Lanka (3,113 runs).
17. Tendulkar was the fastest to reach 10,000 runs taking 259 innings and has the highest batting average among batsmen with over 10,000 ODI runs.
18. Sachin Tendulkar with Sourav Ganguly holds the world record for the maximum number of runs scored by the opening partnership they together scored 6,609 runs in 136 matches that include 21 century partnerships and 23 fifty run partnerships.
19. Sachin Tendulkar and Rahul Dravid hold the world record for the highest partnership in ODIs when they scored 331 runs for the second wicket against New Zealand in 1999-00 at the Hyderabad.
20. Only the second player (after Javed Miandad) to appear in SIX World Cups from 1992 to 2011 and Sachin also have longest career which is 22 years 91 days
21. Most runs (2,278) in World Cup history including 6 centuries & 15 fifties with a best score of 152 against Namibia in 2003 world cup
22. Captaincy Debut also a record as Sachin is the only Indian to score a century on ODI captaincy debut v Sri Lanka at Colombo RPS on 28-08-1996, 110 runs
23. Tendulkar was the first Indian player to score a century and capture four wickets in the same ODI v Australia at Dhaka on 28-10-1998
24. In 2006, Sachin Overtake Kapil Dev claiming the record for the highest amount of Test appearances for India with 135.
25. Not only 10,000 Sachin was also the first player to score 12,000, 13,000, 14,000, 15,000, 16,000, 17,000 and 18,000 runs in 50-over format.
26. With, Sachin became the first cricketer to hit 3,000 and 3077 runs against the mighty Australians in ODIs against the same opposition. Sachin hit 9 centuries and 15 half centuries against the team from down under.
27. Not only batting figures, but legend have great bowling and fielding figures with 154 wickets and 140 catches in his illustrious career.
28. In 2007, Sachin made history by becoming the first cricketer to appear in 400 One-Day Internationals (ODI) when he played against West Indies in Vadodara and still holds the record of most matches played 417 by any player in the history of the sport.
29. Only player to score massive and aggregated 5,082 runs against Australia in all international cricket with 17 centuries and 23 fifties at an average of 50.31 in 3 formats ODI’s, Test and T20’s.
30. In 2012, Sachin Scored his 100th international century in an Asia Cup match against Bangladesh, the first player ever to do so before retirement.