By Surela Chakraborty
You can’t stop the party just because it is summer and the mercury levels are steadily rising. Your parents will advise you to stay indoors and drink lots of water. Do follow their sound advice but also don’t miss out on the fun. Summer means having pool and beach party with your friends. Summer also means sporting your best short dresses and shades. Yes summer does mean sweat and sun burn but there is a solution to resolve it. All you need some quick fixes to make you summer-proof.
Here are 20 best beauty hacks to look fresh and beautiful this summer. Cheat the sun with these easy tips-
- Freeze unsweetened aloe vera juice in ice tray cubes and use it on your skin to soothe sun burn.
- Avoid powdering your face to conceal sweat instead use oil blotters to prevent the pores from clogging.
- Choose the right sunscreen and apply it liberally on your face and other exposed parts of your body. Always choose a broad spectrum of sunscreen and remember even the heavy-duty waterproof sunscreen wears off easily. Even if your are covering yourself with adequate clothing then also you should apply sunscreen. Take breaks from direct sunlight and try to stay indoors as much as possible. Reapply your sunscreen often as it wears off easily when it comes in contact with water.
- Keep your skin hydrated with a light moisturizer. Dry skin is prone to damage. The skin acts like a barrier from environmental factors like pollution, bacteria and moisture loss. Moisturized skin can protect you from sunburn, salt and chlorine.
- Other than applying deodorant to your underarms also swipe some on the back of your neck. This will make you feel fresh and it will prevent your hair from sticking to your skin.
- It is tough to apply makeup in the summers because once you step out it will start melting. There is a solution for you. Just apply milk of magnesia (magnesium hydroxide) as a primer. Remember to apply it before using the foundation to get a fresh matte look.
- How will you mend sweaty hairstyle? Very simple. Gather your hair strands and tie it into a low ponytail. Leave out few strands of hair from your face and wash this section with shampoo and conditioner. Blow dry it for a quick cool look.
- If you are going for a pool party or just for a swim then apply Vaseline to your eyelashes instead of mascara. It will give your lashes the desired thick and voluminous look.
- Here is a easy tip to manage the stubborn flyaway. Spray some hairspray on a toothbrush and gently run it along the hairline and above the ear to put the stray hair back in place. A perfumed hairspray will make your hair smell fresh.
- If you are planning for some beach fun don’t forget to carry the cute smelling baby powder your bag. This will function as a dry shampoo and prevent the hair from chafing. It will also remove sand from your skin easily.
- Use a clarifying shampoo and a UV ray protectant hair spray. These products will tone your hair colour and remove product build up. Wet your hair before you go into the pool or sea. This saturates the hair cuticle with moisture and this in turn prevents damage. Now you can take a dip in the sea to feel refreshed and get beach waves naturally!
- The skin in summers get a sun-kissed glow and that’s why you need to use a foundation that is a shade darker than you wear in the winter. The shade of your concealer and makeup should match your skin colour. You can also use a tinted moisturizer with a broad spectrum of SPF to protect your skin.
- Use cream eye shadows in the summer as they are long-staying and water-resistant. Choose a shade lighter than your skin tone. You can also use the cream eye shadow as a blush or highlighter.
- It is important to exfoliate the skin regularly to remove dead skin cells, toxins and other skin deposits. (Follow the recipes in http://homemadeforelle.com/10-simple-exfoliating-face-scrubs/ to make your DIY face scrubs.)
- If you need to remove oils or sweat from your face then take a blotting paper and lightly place it on your skin to absorb the moisture. Don’t rub the blotting paper on your face as it will smear the oil and makeup around your face.
- Apply bronzer to the apple of your cheeks, your forehead and below the cheek bone. Blend the harsh lines and avoid using too much metallic colour that makes the skin look too shiny.
- In a small bowl add four tablespoons of bentonite clay and add two tablespoons of coffee grounds. Add one to two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar and let it thin out. Apple cider vinegar helps to soothe sun burn skin. Smear it over the face in a circular motion and set it for 5-10 minutes until the mask hardens. Rinse the mud pack from your face and apply a light moisturizer.
- Refrigerate a raw slice of potato and place the cool slices on your eyes to reduce dark circles and puffiness.
- This tomato scrub with renew your skin after a harsh day in the
Sun. Tomatoes are rich in lycopene and has amazing beauty benefits. To make the tomato sugar scrub, chop one large tomato finely until it becomes a mush. Then mix it with granulated sugar. Slowly add coconut or olive oil (activates the lycopene in the tomato) in a bowl and stir. Add few drops of essential oil (lemon, lavender or citronella) to the tomato mixture and keep it in the fridge. Don’t forget to label it!
- Use mint based lotion to cool and tickle your skin in the summer. (recipe for mint lotion-http://getinspiredeveryday.com/lifestyle/cooling-aloe-mint-body-lotion/)
You can also fill a spray bottle with rose water and spritz it on your face and wipe it with a wet towel. Follow your scrubbing, cleansing and moisturizing regime to get a flawless skin in the summer. Not only girls boys can also follow some of the beauty tips given above to stay fresh and relaxed in the summer. Here’s wishing you a sweat-free and happy summer!