1. Jayalalitha Jayaram is a lady with immense power and charisma. She is called as Amma and Puratchi Thalavai(Revolutionary Leader) by her followers.
2. Newspaper facts say that, she has assets worth Rs 66.65 crores which includes 2,000 acres of land, 30 kg of gold and 12,000 saris.
3. She was born on the 24th of February, 1948 and left abode on 5th December 2016.
4. She once lived with her father, mother and brother until her father, Jayaram, died when she was just 2 years old.
5. She finished her high school in Bangalore and then moved to Chennai to complete her matriculation.
6. Jayalalitha’s father being a wastrel, her mother, Vedavalli turned herself into acting, under the name Sandhya, to support the family.
7. Jayalalitha started learning Bharatanatyam when she was just 3 years. She knows other dance forms too such as Mohini Attam, Kathak, Manipuri.
8. Jayalalithaa acted in an English language short film titled Epistle in 1961 even before she made her debut in the cine field. The film was produced and directed by Shri.Shankar Giri son of former Indian President Shri.V.V.Giri.
9. She acted in more than 100 films.
10. She acted in hindi, English, Telugu, Tamil, Kannada and Malyalam movies.
11. Jayalalithaa acted in a solitary Hindi film, titled Izzat, opposite Dharmendra.
12. Marudhur Gopalan Ramachandran, popularly known as MGR, an Indian Tamil film actor, director, producer, and politician was a close companion and a mentor of Jayalalithaand also introduced her to politics.
13. Not only she governs, but she is a good writer in Tamil – has authored at least one novel. She was a regular writer in the yesteryear Tamil weekly by name “Thai”.
14. She then joined AIADMK political party.
15. After the death of MGR in 1987, she won the elections to the Tamil Nadu Legislative Assemly in 1989.
16. After the death of Rajiv Gandhi, she was elected to become the first woman Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu and served her full tenure.
17. After many ups and downs, she again won elections and got back to power.
18. She has won the hearts of almost the entire state and even the country.
19. They mourn heavy for their loss of their dear Amma.
20. We pray for her soul to Rest in peace!